In the classification of biocides 22 types fall into four main groups:
Disinfectants, Preservatives, Pesticides, and Other Biocides.
Within the group of disinfectants there are 5 subgroups:
– TP1: Biocides for human hygiene: These are those used for human hygiene purposes, which are applied on the skin or scalp or in contact with them, with the main purpose of disinfecting them.
– TP2: Disinfectants and algicides not intended for direct application to humans or animals. Used for the disinfection of surfaces, materials, equipment and furniture that are not used in direct contact with food or feed. Areas of use include, among others, swimming pools, aquariums, bathing and other waters; air conditioning systems, and the walls and floors of private or public places, industrial and other areas intended for professional activities. Also used in air disinfection, water not intended for human or animal consumption, chemical toilets, sewage, hospital waste and soil. Algaecides in the treatment of swimming pools, aquariums and other waters and repair of construction materials. Active compounds that are incorporated into fabrics, paints, masks and other articles or materials that will have disinfectant properties are included.
– TP3: Biocides for veterinary hygiene. All those products intended for this purpose such as soaps, oral or body hygiene products or antimicrobial functions. And also used in the disinfection of materials and surfaces related to the housing or transport of animals.
– TP4: Disinfectants for equipment, containers, utensils and surfaces that are in contact with food and feed: those used in the disinfection of equipment, containers, utensils for consumption, surfaces or pipes, related to the production, transport, storage or consumption of food or feed (including drinking water) for humans and animals. And also those used to impregnate materials that may be in contact with food.
– TP5: Disinfectants used in the disinfection of drinking water, both for humans and animals.
There are specific tests for a product to be considered a disinfectant against certain microorganisms. Clean-Biotec carries out this type of test against the microorganisms to be eliminated and in the medium where it is needed to act.
(+34) 941 238 261